Preventive Personalized Care
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
At Cardiac & Vascular Care in San Jose, California, we are committed to ending the deadly grip cardiovascular disease has on our nation. We believe that making heart-healthy choices, knowing your family health history and risk factors for heart disease, having regular checkups, and working with us to manage your health are all critical to surviving this often-silent killer.
At Cardiac & Vascular Care, we educate you on the signs, symptoms, and risk factors of cardiovascular disease, and we partner with you to help prevent the onset of issues. Personalized clinical care and disease prevention is a hallmark of our practice. These prevention plans often include the following:
- Exercise regimens: Regular physical activity regimens are tailored to your abilities, needs, and interests.
- Patient education: We educate you about your heart problems, including causes, prevention, treatment, and ongoing management.
- Counseling: We provide advice on lifestyle changes to lower the risk for further cardiovascular problems.
- Medication: Our medical staff works to optimize medications to control heart and vascular disease.
No Two Patients Are Alike
We see a wide variety of patients – men and women. Here are some of the reasons they come to see us:
- Interested in a cardiac checkup, but otherwise healthy
- Seeking an appropriate medication regimen due to risk factors such as high cholesterol
- Seeking diagnostic testing due to risk factors such as a family history of coronary artery disease and a suspicion of problems
- Interested in a second opinion, treatment alternatives, or optimizing a current treatment plan for existing cardiovascular problems
We see many patients for the first time when they are in their mid-40s but, depending on their risk factors, they may come to us earlier.
For those who have already had a heart attack or stroke, our personalized prevention plans can help reduce the chance of a recurrence and help prevent or delay the need for invasive cardiovascular procedures, like coronary artery bypass surgery or coronary stenting.
Heart disease may be a leading cause of death in America, but that doesn't mean you have to accept it as your fate. Although you lack the power to change some risk factors (such as family history, sex, or age), there are preventive steps you can take now – right now – to reduce your risk. The heart and circulatory experts at Cardiac & Vascular Care are here to help you every step of the way.
Find out how the heart disease specialists at Cardiac & Vascular Care of San Jose, California, can help you lower your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Call our office at (408) 295-2257 to schedule an appointment or use our online appointment request form.